Quick Steps are predefined series of actions in your Outlook to increase productivity and efficiently. Do you have reports that you send regularly to a specific group of people or forward emails frequently, then Quick Steps are for you!
Use Predefined Quick Steps
Let’s say that you receive a weekly report from a customer and you send it to your manager every week. You can use the To Manager Quick Step to make this a one-step action. First, you will have to set up the Quick Step, but once you set it up the first time it will be a simple click to send an email to your manager.
- On the Home tab, in the Quick Steps group click to To Manager
- The First Time Setup dialog box will open, click the To which will open your global address book.
- Choose your manager.
- Click Save.
- Select a message that you want to send to your manager.
- Click To Manager.
- An email ready to be forwarded to you manager with one simple click will open.
Create Your Own Quick Step
- What about other actions that your do frequently that would reduce time if you send it with one click. What about moving your older emails to your Active PST folder?
- On the Home tab, in the Quick Parts group click on Create New.
- Click in the Name text field and give it a name. i.e. Move to Client Leads.
- In the Actions section, click the drop down arrow and choose Move to Folder.
- Another drop down box appears select the drop down arrow for Choose Folder.
- Choose Other Folder… to navigate to your Client Leads.
- Scroll down until you see your Client Leads forlder.
- Click Ok